Well Child Policy
Please keep your child at home if he exhibits the following symptoms: fever, severe cold or cough, ear ache, pink eye, chills, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, sore throat, chicken pox, severe rash or any condition that is contagious. Children exhibiting these symptoms should be kept home until symptom free for 24 hours.
Please keep your child home if he must be given medication. SOK staff is not permitted to dispense medication to children.
If your child is injured or becomes ill while at any SOK function, you will be notified immediately and expected to make arrangements for your child. If the parent cannot be reached, the emergency numbers on your child’s enrollment form will be called.
If your child requires immediate medical attention, 911 will be called and you (parent) will be notified by SOK staff. Staff member will report the nature of the injury and where the child is being transported to parent.
SOK has on-hand a first-aid kit. Staff will use this kit to treat minor injuries such as scrapes, cuts, bites, stings, etc.
SOK views the discipline of your child as a partnership we share with you when he is under our care. Therefore, all disciplinary actions will be discussed with the child’s parents. All disciplinary actions will be documented and placed in the child’s file. Discipline will always be administered with an eye toward correction and restoration. SOK will make every effort to ensure that discipline is administered fairly and consistently.
SOK Disciplinary Actions Include:
- First incident – child will be verbally admonished in private regarding his behavior.
- Second incident – child will be removed from the group for a period of time determined by staff in accordance with the nature and severity of the offense.
- Third incident – child will be suspended from SOK club and functions for a period of two to six days depending on the nature and severity of the offense.
- Fourth incident – if behavior cannot be controlled, the parent will be asked to remove the child from the program.
SOK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISMISS ANY STUDENT OR PATRON WHO DOES NOT COOPERATE OR COMPLY WITH SOK’S MISSION, POLICIES OR PROCEDURES.
Sons of the King Zero Tolerance Offenses:
- Fighting (defined as any physical violence toward another person)
- Disrespectful or defiant behavior toward SOK staff, volunteers or fellow students
- Possession of any weapon
- Repeated or continuous disruptive behavior
- Abuse of property
- Use of profane or vulgar language
Any of the above offenses may result in immediate and permanent suspension from all SOK clubs and functions. SOK believes that the role of discipline is to maintain order, teach respect for those in authority and one’s peers and to bring accountability for socially unacceptable actions and behavior. The aim of discipline is the heart, which the Bible says is “desperately wicked” and the goal, is restoration to God and one’s fellow man, both having been offended.